Tuesday 8 December 2015

Midnight Mood Swings


This post is named so because that's the exact time frame to when my cravings are limited to..everyday without fail as the clock struck 12 my inner very hungry devil with an extremely discerning palate wakes up to torment the soul resting beside mine a.k.a. my husband. Now myth says that cravings in pregnancy usually consist of extreme tasting foods like pickles,imlis & everything sour and tasty in between. Not me..wanting to break stereotypes everywhere I go I want only ice cream. Or freshly pressed juice. Or that jerk chicken slider burger( with the perfect amount of cheese of course)! And not just any will do mind you! As if dragging him out of bed at midnight after having a hellish day at work with sweet smiles and blaming everything onto the baby wasn't enough he has to get the Belgian dark chocolate flavour that i crave with a compulsory waffle cone..nothing less will do. And so on and so forth..and if the shop doesn't stay open due to its  major flaw in not anticipating my cravings hubby darling gets to hear it till the next craving..or till in a desperate attempt to shut me up he manages to get my food the next day. But that doesn't happen often..(evil smile) Its actually really funny the stuff one can get away with in pregnancy when ordinarily those same situations would have led to a raging battle of the sexes! And I feel pregnancy apart from the obvious joys of impending motherhood should also be credited for testing and strengthening those tenacious bonds of marital relationship. I mean the amount of tantrums and frowny faces I throw at my dearest hubby its a wonder he hasn't booked a trip to the Himalayan meditation centre already!! And so..this post is also a tribute to my awesome,patient,lovable and darling soul mate..thank you for being there always..and being so thick skinned! It should be named the eighth wonder of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment