Wednesday 16 December 2015

Kicks To Inner Peace!


So at first read this is going to seem like a weird title possibly detailing some extremely hormonal mothers journey to Inner Peace Kung Fu style! Well...the surmise is correct though it's not me doing the kicking! For me, the reality of pregnancy truly and deeply sunk in the day my little one started kicking inside. Being the control freak, obsessive gynaec that I am( as mentioned in an earlier blog!) I waited expectantly at 18 weeks as per the textbook definition to feel early fetal movements called quickening..and lo and behold! My baby didn't let me down..as I like to put it, it danced right on cue. And by 20 weeks my hubby was feeling the kicks too! Or as he says still 'Doing its little disco inside'! The frequency slowly increased to throughout the day and by then those kicks had become my own personal zen moments during the day. In the middle of a hectic schedule to feel the kicks in the middle of a surgery, while counselling a patient or simple during a mad rush to the hospital remind me to slow down and smile and think.."Yes..I feel you." Its as simple as that..this connection that starts growing to unfathomable depths because of something as simple as a kick! And so this is my advice to all moms to be.. No matter how bad a day u r having at work or no matter which end of the mood spectrum ur hormones are throwing you to..take solace in that kick..it's ur very own tiny baby guru saying u have something awesome inside you! Happy getting kicked y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment