Wednesday 13 January 2016

"Girl" no more...


Reminiscing with an old friend over my alma mater revived old memories of my hostel and the times we grew up to be doctors in..including our girls day out movies and of course our favorite songs! A particular old fav with pretty much everyone was "Desi Girl" from dostana. And m sure almost every girl in those times has shaken that booty at least once to this groovy song with its bhangra beats and the ultra hot Ms. PC gyrating to them! Listening to it today made me want to get up and gyrate again till my baby reminded me with nice lil kick that it's not my turn anymore! Which got me thinking about all things bygone more specifically my original hard earned body,the carefree attitude and the will and enthusiasm to get up and party at whim. Life after the baby would change its centre of gravity from me to my lil one and m pretty sure that like all moms my world too would revolve around it. The prospect of impending motherhood and the curtailing of any and all activities careless that could affect my baby still scares me..and m not ashamed to admit that just because I know and understand what's coming my way doesn't make me any less apprehensive about it. Yes..the joys of motherhood shall color my life in its various and glorious hues..but managing to keep vibrant the relationship I share with my hubby forged over so many moments of self discovery and yet welcoming the change that my baby will bring are going to be two different universes that when merged will be a new big bang theory altogether!
In "What to expect the First Year" , (an excellent read and must have for all mums to be) Heidi Murkoff  says that I wont miss my old life or the freedom that it afforded. I hope with all my heart she is right and more than that, that I can give my hubby and my baby the best of me! Here's wishing me all the luck! Last post and last days of this blissful,phenomenal, life-altering enigma called pregnancy! Hope it was a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment